Feb 27, 2012

Back to Blogging

Blogging is something I thoroughly enjoy. There is a bit of controversy about the blogging world though. Some people say it doesn't portray "real life" and that it only shows the good side of motherhood or family life. There have been articles that I've read about people going into deep depressions because they read about other peoples' lives on their blogs and think they can never live up to Sally Sue and her super woman abilities. They view hundreds of pictures of smiling families, kiddo crafts, home-cooked meals and think why can't my life be perfect? The same things can be said about Facebook too.

But...I love to blog. I love to highlight the great things that are happening in our family. It's sort of an online journal of our life. A little while ago, our blog blew up. Yep, the pictures all got deleted so anywhere there used to be a picture it showed a black box with a yellow exclamation point in the middle. I blame Google +. So, we just gave up on the blogging. It seemed too crazy a task to go back into our hard drive archives and fish out all the photos we have posted on our blog from 2007. Then we were decorating our baby's nursery and hanging up all her clothes and we both said, "We need to blog about this!". We missed archiving our life and writing about the little happenings. I was then telling Chris about a graphic designer's blog that I stumbled upon and she had written an article about how you know a blogger when you see one. They always carry a camera (or two) around the city and photograph their food with both cameras and their cell phones and eat very slowly. You find them slowly enjoying ordinary things and making them seem extraordinary through pictures or writing. She then said something that struck me, "Bloggers = Life Tourists". I love that.

When we did blog faithfully, I sometimes think we did things just to have a cool post on our blog making the activity or whatever we did seem somewhat fake or just putting on a show. But, now I realize having a blog pushes us to do more activities together and enjoy life! We are Life Tourists and we always want to make it interesting even if it just to have an interesting post. So, Chris became determined to go back and re-post all of the photos. He had it done in a weekend. And I've been doing a few catch-up posts, but now we are back on board. We can't wait to start blogging about how PERFECT our lives are!!!! ;) No, not really. We just want to record special moments and have a good reason to do things we normally would be too lazy to do.

Just remember: BLOGGERS = LIFE TOURISTS.

4 comments:

The Bucks said...

You are so inspiring! I want to be a life tourist.

Jennie Kunz said...

YAY! I love your blog! I'm glad you are back. And I loved this post! Good thoughts!

Tessa said...

What a great way to think about blogging! Thanks Jen!

Idaho Penningtons said...

YAY!! I can't wait to see pictures of the baby! Congrats! Blogging is the way I keep in touch with people! I loved Bloggers = life tourists!