Jul 9, 2011

Logan Sprint Triathlon





Well, we semi-tried to stay on a healthy kick for most of our Canadian Adventure because we had been training for a triathlon for 3 weeks prior. We did okay in the beginning and then we trailed off toward the end, but we managed to kick our butts into gear once we got home. We both competed in the Logan Sprint Triathlon, which was a 500 meter swim, 13 mile bike ride and a 5K. This was my first tri and Chris' second (he competed in the XTerra last year, which is way more intense). At the time nobody knew, but I was about 7 weeks pregnant and debated even participating. I had been training and felt good, talked to my doctor about it and decided to go ahead and stick with it. The morning sickness hadn't crept up yet and I just told myself that I would take it easy and not push myself as hard as I normally would. It was so fun competing with Chris in our first triathlon together! Chris killed it with a time of 1 hr 27 minutes and I came in a little while later at 1 hr 46 minutes. I'm super proud of both of us. :)

No comments: