May 23, 2011

My Nephews




I am a proud aunt. I think my nieces and nephews are the coolest. I am going to have the best stories about them from their younger years. When they are older, I'm going to embarrass them at family reunions and in front of their friends, I already know this!

Here are photos of three of my nephews who recently had birthdays. Two 1st birthdays and an 8th birthday (fun fact: the 1 year olds were born on the same day! One came 3 weeks early so he could be born on the same day as his cousin). The 8 year old was totally too cool for his Aunt Jenny with all his friends at his party so this was the best shot ;).

Aren't the one year olds just darling? Love my nephews.

I am so lucky to live somewhat close to all of them. When I was younger, our family was moving all over the country every 2 or 3 years and so we never really "knew" our extended family. Maybe once a year (if that) we would get together for a couple of days, but that was it. I am determined to be a part of my nieces and nephews lives and I am so thankful our family makes a great effort to get the cousins together multiples times a year. I think they all know each other well and love playing with each other. They got it good!

Did you grow up close to cousins and extended family? You are so lucky. (or maybe not ;)) HA!

Photos by me.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Nephews are the best! It's amazing watching them grow up and seeing the things they do!