May 13, 2011

It's Our 5 Year Anniversary

I cannot believe it's been 5 years! It seems like yesterday, except we look at our wedding photos and say things like, "wow, we look so little," or "we look so young!"

We kept it pretty low key this year. We don't believe in extravagant gifts, for instance: I gave him his headphones back...I'd been hoarding them at work because mine broke. And he cleaned the house so when I got home from work, I could just relax. The perfect 5 year anniversary gifts. We celebrated by eating lunch by the riverside and then getting fro-yo from the Mav.

But, we do believe in vacations and traveling, so we save our monies for that. We have a fun road trip planned to northern Idaho and Canada in a month, which we are looking forward to. It's all about making memories for the next 5 years!

Although time may age our faces, we are still young at heart. And very much in love.

3 comments:

Johnna Jayne said...

Congrats on 5 years! I know what you mean about looking back at wedding photos.

TW said...

Congratulations you guys! Love your blog :)

Jennie Kunz said...

CUTE!! CONGRATS!! Enjoy the drive up to Northern Idaho for me. So beautiful, in some parts! Love you guys!