Jan 6, 2011

There are 3 kinds of people in the world...

Well, I never thought I would be writing about something my Dad taught me. It makes me feel old...and wise, but here goes.

There are 3 kinds of people in the world; those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say, "What happened?" While I was younger, my Dad gave many lectures involving this little saying. I love it.

With New Year's resolutions floating around the inter-web, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and resolute to be the person who makes things happen in 2011. I feel so optimistic about this year and want to make a lot of good things happen. A few of those things involve:

* Train for and complete a triathlon.
* Be a better friend and make more friends!
* Jump start our online business
* Start learning a foreign language
* Get organized (always!)

Some of our plans for the year include:

* Jen's 10 year HS reunion.

I can't believe it's been 10 years! Whoa. I haven't been back to Moscow for nearly 8 years and Chris has never been there, so we've been waiting for the 10 year to make the long drive. I can finally show him where I grew up! It will be quite the walk down memory lane.

* Roadtrip to Canada

Since we will be far north for the reunion, we might as well continue north to Canada; where Chris served his mission in Alberta. Another walk down memory lane! Aww, we finally get to share with each other pieces from our past.

We are definitely looking forward to a great year! I hope the same for you.

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

Carson is so jealous! He wants to take a a road trip to Canada so bad.
We need to get together soon. Do you guys want to come over to our house for dinner sometime in the next week?

Amy Watts said...

Hey, feel free to stop by in Seattle on your way up or down. That will help you be a good friend by hanging out with old friends :)

The Ross' said...

If you have time, you should stop in Spokane! You could stay with us if you needed a place to crash. Miss ya! Can you believe 10 yrs has passed so fast?! My reunion was last summer. Man, I feel old. haha