Jan 23, 2011

Bear Lake Monster Plunge!




It was the 2nd annual Bear Lake Monster Plunge in Garden City today. That lake is freezing IN THE SUMMER, and here we are jumping in during January! I learned a couple of things from last year.

1.) Wear shoes
2.) Place towel near the water where you will exit

Me, Chris, Jeff, Angie, their two boys, Jason & Cache jumped in this year. We all dressed up. As a matter of fact, Cache won best costume and I must say, the big, clown shoes won it for him. Chris wore a speedo and I wore a blonde wig. Jason, Jeff/Angie and fam were super heroes. Surprisingly, I was not cold walking down to the dock, but the moment I hit the water, it felt like a bazillion needles pricking my entire body. And then I felt like I couldn't breathe. Then, my entire body went into shock and my mind shut everything out except "SURVIVE"! Then, I made it to dry land, wrapped a towel around me and started laughing/hyperventilating like a crazy woman. See, so fun.

All of our proceeds went to Primary Children's Hospital. Go us!

Chris' swan dive/flop is pretty amazing, no? (He's in the green cap in the last picture).

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness, you guys are absolutely crazy, but it honestly looks like fun! Everytime I see the picture of Chris's dive, it makes me laugh! Your customs are awesome too!

Trisha said...

Opps...costumes... so much for being a copywriter! Where's spell check when I need it!

Kunz said...

HA HA HA HA!!! I love your costume! and I love that it looks like you are walking on water! Yikes! I don't think I could make myself do it! you're awesome!

Shels said...

Loved your costumes! That WAS pretty frigid. What were we all thinking?