Dec 15, 2010

Christmas Wishlist

I am sure you have your Christmas shopping done, right? So, have you thought about what you want? What's on your wishlist? And how do you let the ones you know what you are wishing for? Maybe you type it up, make copies and give it to all your family members? Or, do you completely trust your spouse's taste to get you just the right something? I've heard some interesting techniques on this topic. One of my favorites: E-mailing links to your spouse of certain items you want. Send out as many links as you want. If it's clothing, pick out the size and color and then copy and paste that url into the e-mail. Then, all they have to do is click on the link and purchase. Bravo. And the best part is, you will still be surprised Christmas morning because you don't know which items they decided to get you. (Thanks, Trisha, for the idea)!

Chris and I are famous for shopping together for each other. We are hard to shop for (Chris likes super-expensive snowmobile gadgets and I'm just really picky). I do like surprises, but I don't like to be disappointed on Christmas morning. That's so selfish, I know!

My wishlist is filled with things I need and want. We aren't spending a lot this year, so that narrowed the list down. I decided on new kitchenware. It's mainly a want, but it's also a need. We still have dishes we received from our wedding and our glasses are hand-me-downs from my brother. There are a few randoms that we bought just to get by, but I'm ready to re-vamp. So, I just sat down to shop online and I'm already exhausted! Cyber shopping is worse than shopping store to store because there are endless options and decisions. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about buying kitchenware that I can't feel or touch before buying. If anyone has favorite dishes or a place to shop for them, I would love to hear about it.

Well, hopefully with all the giving you'll do this Christmas, you'll receive something you want! Here's my wishlist:


No comments: