Nov 15, 2010

Cranberry Chicken

My friend just posted this recipe on facebook and it sounds heavenly! It'd be a great meal to get excited about Thanksgiving! Or if you're not into turkey, you could use this recipe for the big day.

CRANBERRY CHICKEN

1- heat oven to 400F

2- grease a 13x9x2 dish and place 6 chicken breast halves in it. Put in oven for 25 minutes.

3- In medium saucepan brown 1 1/2 cups chopped onion in 1 Tbsp of olive oil untill crisp and tender.

4- Add 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel. Blend untill brown sugar is dissolved.

5- add 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries.

6- spoon over partially baked chicken and bake in the oven for an additional 20 minutes. (total bake time is 45 minutes in the oven for chicken.

I usually serve this with red potatoes and cooked carrots, rice pilaf, and a winter green salad of spinach grapes kiwi raspberries and candied pecans.

This picture on flickr is what I imagine it looking like.

I might give it a whirl, let me know if you try it out.

1 comment:

Jennie Kunz said...

you are a blogging fool these days! I love it!!