Jul 5, 2010

Traded in Skippy for a.....

motorcycle!! Are you surprised? Well, Chris and I never thought we'd be motorcycle owners, but it just kinda happened! We've had a scooter for 2 years and have gotten used to being on 2 wheels and just assuming that nobody on the road sees you. About a year ago, Chris found an older motorcycle on ksl for $250. We thought, what the heck? He fixed it up with his mad skills and enjoyed cruising around and driving it to work. Then we'd go on rides together (him on the motorcycle and me on the scooter). I was perfectly content with the scooter until.......a couple weeks ago we decided to go on a ride around Bear Lake. The scooter maxes out at 50 mph and that is really pushing it and I didn't want to ride it like that all the way around the lake. I decided it was gutless and I wanted to learn how to ride Chris' motorcycle and possible think about getting one of my own. We started looking for another deal on ksl and I practiced riding Chris' bike around the parking lot and up and down the street. I really really liked it!

So.....we found a deal on a 1986 Honda Rebel 250 and decided, what the heck?! We've been on a couple rides but I want to get some drills in before I take it to Logan. Chris is going to set up some cones in the parking lot tonight so I can practice.

Here it is! (and it is still nameless so I'm taking suggestions!)


3 comments:

Jennie Kunz said...

I LOVE that picture of you! You are smokin! ;-)

Landon and Brittney Wimmer said...

Jen I freaking love you! Seriously. And on the DL, I think Landon's buying a motorcycle too so we'll have to cruise together. He said it's his prize for doing summer sales for so many years :)

Katy said...

Hey you crazy woman! I thought I'd say hello...I've been thinking about and missing our college days. So jealous you went to China! I know what the lady said, "You are beautiful lady. You should be American model." =). You rock and I hope you are happy as ever!